How To Change Your Name On Facebook Mobile
The best ways to change your name
Altering your name on Facebook is a doddle.
- Load your Facebook profile, and click the down-pointing arrow in the top-right of the page and click Settings.
- Under General search for Call, click Edit and enter your new name.
- Click Review Change, enter your password, and click Conserve Modifications.
What can't I use in my name?
Bear in mind that you'll have to follow Facebook's name standards. These stipulate that you can't consist of signs, numbers, unusual capitalisation, repeated characters or punctuation in your name. You also cannot use characters from multiple languages, titles of any kind (for example professional or spiritual ones), words or expressions in place of a name, or offensive/suggestive words or expressions.
To see the complete standards, click here.
What names are enabled on Facebook?
In addition to the above standards, Facebook has some more suggestions. The name on your profile ought to be the one that your good friends call in you in everyday life. That way, it'll be easier to find and connect with people, which is the whole point of Facebook. It ought to also match the one on an ID or document from Facebook's ID list-- this includes your birth certificate, motorist's licence, passport and marital relationship certificate.
Nevertheless, they don't have to match exactly. You can utilize your nickname/shortened name as a very first or middle name if it's a variation of your actual name (Bob instead of Robert, or Tom rather of Thomas, for example).
How frequently can you alter a Facebook name?
You can just change your name every 60 days. This is to stop people becoming too difficult to find or monitor. So think thoroughly before you alter your name. If you're not delighted with it, you'll be stuck with it for the next 2 months!
How do you add another name to your Facebook account?
Facebook likewise lets you add another name to your account. Examples include a maiden name, label or professional name. It's easy to do so.
- Click your name to see your Facebook profile and select About.
- On the left-side panel try to find Details About You and click Other names.
- Utilize the drop-down menu next to Name Type to select the kind of name you wish to add Enter your other name.
- Inspect the box significant Program at top of profile to make your other name appear next to your complete name at the top of your profile.
- Click Conserve, and you're done.
If you do not tick package to note your other name at the top of your profile along with your complete name, it'll still appear in the About section of your profile. It'll also show up in search results page.