Secret Groups On Facebook
Anybody with a Facebook account is able to establish and utilize a Secret Group. This is not exclusive or offered through Business Pages, but is an excellent resource particularly for small companies that do not utilize tools like Salesforce, Yammer, or BaseCamp for callaboration, collaborating schedules, and sharing marketing ideas.
There are three types of Secret Groups:
- Public: anybody can see your Group and find it in search
- Closed: anybody can see your group, however only members can see and make posts
- Secret: just members can see and make posts
Trick Group Security.
- Secret Groups are not indexed by Google.
- If someone has the URL to your Secret Group they can not access without being welcomed.
- If your Trick Group URL is posted in another Secret Group, the URL is still not visible or available.
Keep in mind: You will get alerts to your individual News Feed, however only you will be able to see them, not your Good friends.
Developing a Secret Group.
You must initially have an individual Facebook account to produce a Trick Group:.
- Go to http://facebook.com/groups.
- Click Create Group.
- Name your Group and pick your icon from the fall menu.
- Add members to your Secret Group (you need to be good friends with them to add to the group); include them to the member box.
- If you want to include members who are not your buddies, create the Group as 'Closed' initially, then change the Group setting to Secret.
- Select your Personal privacy Setting and click Create.
Below are screen shots for each step in developing your Group.
Remember your Group MUST be Closed if you are going to add members you are not friends with.
Select your Secret Group icon (this is optional).
Keep in mind to switch your Group Setting from 'Closed" to "Secret" if you have invited members that you are not pals with in the previous action.
Before you start utilizing your new Trick Group we would suggest that you examine your Settings. The Settings icon lies on the ideal side of your brand-new feed under the photos.
Your Trick Group is now all set for private use with your members. Start sharing pictures, email addresses, and collaborating on tasks.