Secret Facebook Groups
Anybody with a Facebook account is able to set up and use a Secret Group. This is not special or offered via Organisation Pages, however is a great resource specifically for small companies that do not utilize tools like Salesforce, Yammer, or BaseCamp for callaboration, collaborating schedules, and sharing marketing concepts.
There are three kinds of Secret Groups:
- Public: anyone can see your Group and discover it in search
- Closed: anyone can see your group, however only members can see and make posts
- Secret: only members can see and make posts
Secret Group Security.
- Secret Groups are not indexed by Google.
- If someone has the URL to your Secret Group they can not access without being welcomed.
- If your Secret Group URL is published in another Trick Group, the URL is still not visible or accessible.
Note: You will get notifications to your individual News Feed, however only you will be able to see them, not your Good friends.
Developing a Trick Group.
You must first have a personal Facebook account to produce a Trick Group:.
- Go to http://facebook.com/groups.
- Click on Create Group.
- Call your Group and choose your icon from the drop down menu.
- Include members to your Trick Group (you must be friends with them to include to the group); add them to the member box.
- If you wish to include members who are not your friends, create the Group as 'Closed' first, then alter the Group setting to Secret.
- Select your Privacy Setting and click Produce.
Below are screen shots for each step in developing your Group.
Remember your Group MUST be Closed if you are going to include members you are not buddies with.
Select your Secret Group icon (this is optional).
Keep in mind to change your Group Setting from 'Closed" to "Secret" if you have actually invited members that you are not buddies with in the previous step.
Before you start using your new Secret Group we would advise that you inspect your Settings. The Settings icon lies on the right side of your new feed under the pictures.
Your Trick Group is now ready for private use with your members. Start sharing pictures, email addresses, and collaborating on jobs.