- First you have to check in to your Facebook account.
- After signing in, click the Account menu on the leading upper right corner of the page.
In Account menu, click on 'Setting' tab. There you will find an option at the bottom "Deactivate Account". Click on it.
When you clicked Deactivate Account, Confirm Facebook Account Deactivation page will be loaded. It may ask you to provide reason for erasing or deactivating your account. You can choose form the list or you can Click on 'Other' to give your own particular reason for leaving the Facebook. It is not always required to give a reason, you can skip this likewise.
- In future, if you don't wish to receive any invites, tag in images, or group invite and alert of friend requests; just tick the 'Choose out of getting e-mails from Facebook' check box. You will not get any email invites and notifications from your good friends.
- Now you are prepared to click on Deactivate button.
- After clicking the Deactivate button, the following message will appear on your screen:.
" Your Facebook account has been shut down.
To reactivate your account, merely log in as you usually would, and we'll send you a reactivation e-mail.
The Facebook Team".
No matter how much the time it will require to eliminate your profile information completely, your info and profile will stay inaccessible to other Facebook users until you alter your mind and reactivate your profile once again.