Facebook has always been an exceptional portal for individuals to connect with each other. However, considering that it's a place where billions of people can access to each other, it can definitely trigger problems. Whether you are getting bugged, scared of your privacy being exposed, or for whatever else factor you desire to deactivate your Facebook account immediately, here's a complete step-by-step guide to deactivate your Facebook account.
What Happens When You Deactivate Your Facebook Account
Deactivating your Facebook account will short-term remove the existence of all your Facebook info and information such as your profile page, photos, videos and status updates from Facebook, thus restricting everyone on Facebook from accessing to your profile, till you reactivate it once again in the future. After you have actually deactivated your account, you will not be seen in any of your good friends' friend list, the search bar, your very own profile page address, or anywhere on Facebook.
Shutting down Facebook account is certainly a much better choice than erasing it because you can pick to return by reactivating your account once again instead of losing it completely. If you have an issue where deleting your Facebook account is the ultimate and much better option, here's how: ways to erase Facebook account permanently.
How to Shut off Facebook Account permanently link on PC
Before you do anything else, you may desire to download a copy of your Facebook data from Facebook as a backup. Here's how you can do it.
- Go to Facebook homepage or your profile page.
- Click on the fall arrow from the upper right corner of the page.
- Select Settings.
- Click the link composed as Download a copy of your Facebook data at the bottom of-- General Account Settings.
- A confirmation e-mail will be sent out to your e-mail address you utilized when you sign up with Facebook.
- Open the email and click the link offered to be directed to your Facebook information archive download page.
- The archive consists of all your videos, pictures and status updates you have ever posted on Facebook, chat discussions and messages, in addition to all your about me details.
When you've done downloading the backup and are prepared to deactivate your account, follow the steps below:
- Click on the account menu arrow from the upper right corner of your profile page.
- Select Settings.
- From the left column, click on Security.
- Scroll down to the last alternative-- deactivate your account. Click on Edit, then the deactivate your account link.
That being stated, you will need to have access to your account in order to deactivate your account. If your account is hacked or that you've just forgotten your password, you will need to very first retrieve your Facebook password. You can't deactivate your Facebook account without password.
Likewise, be noted that some details such as messages and chat conversations between you and your buddies will still show up to your pals.
To reactivate your shut down Facebook account, simply login to your Facebook account once again. If you have forgotten your password, reset your password on Facebook if you remember the e-mail you used to sign up with Facebook.
The best ways to deactivate Facebook Account on App from iPhone/ Android cellphone.
If you do not have a computer system and desire to conserve the inconvenience from accessing to one, you can deactivate your Facebook account straight from the Facebook App on your iPhone or android phone. Here's how.
- Open Facebook App.
- Click on the triple horizontal lines on top right corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Security.
- Click on deactivate my account to deactivate your Facebook account.
This has to do with deactivating your Facebook account which will impact how you communicate with Facebook on both your mobile phone and your computer. It's completely various from eliminating Facebook access only from your mobile phone.
If you wish to just remove the Facebook App from your mobile phone, go to the Setting app on your android phone > Installed Apps > Facebook App > Uninstall. For iPhone users, press and hang on the Facebook App until every icons shake, tap on the X indication on top of the Facebook App to uninstall it.
Such articles What Happens When You Deactivate Your Facebook Account thanks for visiting can hopefully help you out.