Facebook has constantly been an exceptional portal for individuals to connect with each other. However, given that it's a place where billions of people can access to each other, it can certainly cause problems. Whether you are getting harassed, scared of your personal privacy being exposed, or for whatever else reason you wish to deactivate your Facebook account right away, here's a total step-by-step guide to deactivate your Facebook account.
How Deactivate Facebook Account
Deactivating your Facebook account will momentary remove the presence of all your Facebook details and data such as your profile page, images, videos and status updates from Facebook, therefore limiting everybody on Facebook from accessing to your profile, up until you reactivate it again in the future. After you have actually deactivated your account, you will not be seen in any of your pals' good friend list, the search bar, your own profile page address, or anywhere on Facebook.
Shutting off Facebook account is definitely a better choice than erasing it since you can opt to return by reactivating your account again rather than losing it permanently. If you have an issue where erasing your Facebook account is the ultimate and better option, here's how: ways to erase Facebook account permanently.
How to Shut down Facebook Account permanently link on PC
Prior to you do anything else, you might desire to download a copy of your Facebook data from Facebook as a backup. Here's how you can do it.
- Go to Facebook homepage or your profile page.
- Click the fall arrow from the upper right corner of the page.
- Select Settings.
- Click on the link composed as Download a copy of your Facebook information at the bottom of-- General Account Settings.
- A verification email will be sent out to your e-mail address you utilized when you sign up with Facebook.
- Open up the email and click the link offered to be directed to your Facebook info archive download page.
- The archive consists of all your videos, images and status updates you have actually ever published on Facebook, chat discussions and messages, along with all your about me info.
When you have actually done downloading the backup and are all set to deactivate your account, follow the actions below:
- Click on the account menu arrow from the upper right corner of your profile page.
- Select Settings.
- From the left column, click Security.
- Scroll down to the last option-- deactivate your account. Click on Edit, then the deactivate your account link.
That being said, you will have to have access to your account in order to deactivate your account. If your account is hacked or that you have actually merely forgotten your password, you will need to very first retrieve your Facebook password. You cannot deactivate your Facebook account without password.
Also, be noted that some information such as messages and chat conversations in between you and your good friends will still be visible to your pals.
To reactivate your deactivated Facebook account, just login to your Facebook account again. If you have actually forgotten your password, reset your password on Facebook if you keep in mind the e-mail you utilized to register with Facebook.
How to shut down Facebook Account on App from iPhone/ Android mobile phone.
If you do not have a computer system and want to conserve the trouble from accessing to one, you can deactivate your Facebook account directly from the Facebook App on your iPhone or android phone. Here's how.
- Open Facebook App.
- Click on the triple horizontal lines at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Account Settings.
- Select Security.
- Click on deactivate my account to deactivate your Facebook account.
This is about deactivating your Facebook account which will impact how you communicate with Facebook on both your mobile phone and your computer. It's entirely various from removing Facebook access only from your smart phone.
If you desire to simply get rid of the Facebook App from your mobile phone, go to the Setting app on your android phone > Set up Apps > Facebook App > Uninstall. For iPhone users, press and hold on the Facebook App till every icons shake, tap on the X sign on top of the Facebook App to uninstall it.
Such articles How Deactivate Facebook Account thanks for visiting can hopefully help you out.